Review on my new 50mm f/1.8 Prime lens

First of all I would like to tell you all that I was a 18-55 lens user primarily. As you all know 18-55 lens is just a kit lens . Two months before I borrowed my first prime lens , 50mm .
If you are looking for crisp images and you are looking from street photography perspective then trust me 50mm is your lens.I have started using it and I'm very much satisfied with this lens.


After getting bored with the kit lens I was looking for a lens which would simply satisfy me with three things : Light weight,fast and economical .

Now let me tell you pros and cons about this lens .
What I most like about this lens :
1.Sharpness.
2.Lovely portraits and great bokeh pictures.
3.Speed . Trust me this lens is very fast !!
4.Wonderful auto focus during day light.


Though this lens is too efficient to talk about any cons but I would like to share two problems which I have faced .
1.Stabilisation of this lens is not good .Sometimes you could miss some images.
2.When the autofocus gets turned on , the lens makes some noise.

Now what are you waiting for ! Just go and grab this lens.

Here is some of the clicks of mine with 50mm .
Enjoy the view .

College Street,Kolkata.

Howrah Bridge.


Happy Faces.
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post